Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cups uncooked long grain white rice (I use Jasmine)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley for garnish
the ground beef with the onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat
until ground beef is fully cooked, crumbled, and no longer pink. Drain
and discard any fat. Place the skillet back on the heat and add in the
bell peppers, diced tomatoes, rice, beef broth, tomato paste, Italian
seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for about 18 minutes, until rice is cooked through.
the rice with a fork and top with the shredded cheese. Cover again and
let cheese melt over low heat. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!