Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal | Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 2 cups milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed*
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter + more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips*
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8×8 square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, baking powder, sea salt, flaxseed, mashed banana, coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir together, then add 1/8 cup of the chopped chocolate.
- Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter remaining chocolate on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the oatmeal has set. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve with a drizzle of peanut butter on top.
- For leftovers, let the baked oatmeal cool completely before covering or transferring to storage containers. The baked oatmeal should keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.