Honey Garlic Chicken
These Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts are made in one pan with basic pantry ingredients. The perfect quick and easy chicken dinner!
- 12" Skillet & Wooden Spoon
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 2x 9oz/250g Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup / 70g Honey
- 3 tbsp / 45g / 1.6oz Butter
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 sprig of Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (plus more to taste)
- Allow your chicken to come to room temp, then slice through the centre to create 4 even sized breasts. Coat in 1/2 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Fry over medium heat 3-4mins each side (or until golden and just cooked through the centre, don't overcook) then remove from the pan.
- Melt in 3 tbsp butter, then add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Stir until the garlic just begins to brown (careful, this will happen quickly!) then pour in 1/4cup/70g honey, 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp light soy sauce. Add fresh thyme and season to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for a couple of minutes then add back in your chicken. Turn off the heat and spoon over the sauce to fully coat. Enjoy!
- a) Over reduced sauce - If for whatever reason your sauce thickens too much/drys out consider adding a splash of chicken stock (preferably low sodium).
- b) Honey - Ensure you're using runny honey so the sauce doesn't clump up!
- c) Chicken Seasoning - I use a little onion/garlic powder to spruce up the chicken itself. The star of the show is of course the sauce, but nothing worse than unseasoned chicken to go with it. If you don't have onion/garlic powder then just use a hefty pinch of salt and black pepper. Some thyme also works great.
- d) Chicken Thighs - You can sub chicken thighs if you wish. I recommend bone in skin on thighs, fry skin side down first to create a crispy layer, then flip and carry on with the rest of the recipe.
- e) Inspiration - This recipe is adapted from the wonderful Recipetineats.
- f) Calories - Based on 1 breast each with 1/4 of the sauce.