This lime and avocado tart has a creamy avocado coconut filling with a coconut pecan crust. It’s super easy to make, vegan and gluten-free
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates (about 12 dates)
- 1–2 teaspoons lime zest
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 avocados (about 1 1/2 cups of avocado puree)
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar (or honey)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Process the crust ingredients (coconut, pecans, dates, lime zest and sea salt) in a food processor (affiliate link) or mini chopper until the dates have turned into sticky paste holding the crust ingredients together. Take mixture out of the processor and press evenly into your springform pan (affiliate link). Place pan in freezer while you make the tart filling.
- While the crust is setting in the freezer, blend ingredients for the filling (avocados, lime juice, agave, coconut oil and lime zest) in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- Pour the avocado filling over the crust and use a spoon to make sure the filling is even and smooth.
- Place pan in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours, but can be overnight. Take out of freezer, remove the springform pan, let sit out for 10-15 minutes, cut into slices and serve. The longer it sits out, the filling will soften and become more like pudding. It still tastes amazing, but not as firm. Store any leftovers back in the freezer.