One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta is an easy dinner recipe that cooks in one pot with sliced peppers and creamy sauce.
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning *
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 small red bell pepper seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded from the block parmesan cheese
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Season chicken with one teaspoon Cajun seasoning; set aside.
In a 12″ pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, water, sliced peppers and remaining Cajun seasoning (use one teaspoon if you want mild Cajun flavor or the remaining two teaspoons if you want full Cajun flavor). Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.