A delicious twist on the classic Alfredo. Penne Alfredo with Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato will change your 'go to' quick dinner forever.
- 10.5oz / 300g Penne Pasta
- 1 1/4 cups / 300ml Heavy/Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5oz / 150g Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup / 35g Parmesan, grated (plus extra to serve)
- 3/4 cup / 75g Sundried Tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Handful of Fresh Basil, chopped (save some to sprinkle on top)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Pop your pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Retain a cup of starchy pasta water.
Meanwhile, fry your bacon over medium heat until it begins to crisp. Drain excess fat/oil if there's too much, then add your garlic & sun dried tomatoes and fry for a minute or so longer. Add your Butter and stir until melted.
Stir in your cream and allow to simmer on a low/medium heat. When it just starts to thicken add in your parmesan, basil and seasoning to taste.
Once the sauce has fully thickened add your pasta and toss until coated. Simmer for a few minutes to soak up the sauce, stirring throughout and using your pasta water to thin out if it becomes too thick and gloopy.
Serve with and extra sprinkle of parmesan and basil!