15 February 2020 ( 60 views )
The Best Scrambled Egg Toast
- 2 slices bread (I use white, sourdough bread)
- 1/2 tbsp butter, plus more to butter the bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup good quality feta cheese crumbles
- chopped parsley or dill to garnish
Spread a thin layer of softened butter on both sides of the bread. Frythe bread over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until a goldencrust forms.
Remove the bread from the frying pan and add 1/2 tbsp. of butter. Add the eggs and feta cheese and cook, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
Divide the eggs between the bread slices andsprinkle them with freshly chopped dill or parsley.
Make yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy The Best Scrambled Egg Toast.
THE BEST SCRAMBLED EGG TOAST FAQs
- What kind of bread can be used for Egg Toast?Use your favorite kind! White, wheat, whole grain, rye, and pumpernickel will work in this recipe. Feeling fancy this morning? Use a croissant instead. 🙂
- Where can good quality feta cheese be found?I recommend buying sheep’s feta cheese that is sold in bricks and stored in brine. I buy it from a local Bulgarian store, but good feta cheese is sold in many large supermarkets and health food stores. Just look around the cheese section or ask a store associate to help you out.
- How can I customize this Egg Toast?If you feel adventurous this morning, place a slice of mozzarella on the bread before adding the eggs. You may also enjoy adding some tomatoes or roasted peppers to the eggs. Oh! And a slice of avocado on top fits really well!